Monday, January 09, 2012

Soccer, Biking, and Shopping...With Kids.

Good morning, it is Monday.

Yesterday was a day that I got to hang out with each of my kids all at different times.  In the morning Preston had the first game of the State Founder's Cup.  He scored 4 goals and lead his team to a 4-3 win.  He played a very good game and each of his goals were really amazing considering he was double and triple teamed the whole game.  We drove the coach and a couple of other kids as well to Marymoor park in Redmond.  The place is very cool with a rock climbing wall for professionals and a velodrome for bikers.  I got to check each out as I had a whole hour to burn before the game.  On the way home I only had a $10.00 bill in my pocket but a car full of hungry kids, so it was to the McDonald's drive-through and nine McDoubles.  One for coach and I, two for each kid and a floater.

Once home I took Hansen out mountain bike riding on some actual trails.  His new bike is very cool and the full suspension really smooths out the ride.  He only let me try it one time around a circle trail, but compared to my oldish no suspension bike, his was very smooth.  No, no, I don't want a new bike now, my bike is a cool single speed bike, very simple and I like it.  Hansen likes all his technology, so it works.  We were only out for about 45 minutes, one of these days I will take him on a much longer adventure.

Then in the evening it was off to run a few errands.  I had to run to the bank, put gas in the van, and stop by Fred Meyer's.  Lillie wanted to come along if we could stop by McDonald's to use her free large fry coupon.  So I had an errand buddy.  
Somehow I only took one picture yesterday, and this was it.  It was great hanging with the kids, but one of these days I'm going to have to ditch the kids and spend the day with Maren.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Aw, cute picture of Lillie. Nice that you could spend time with each of the kids - they'll be gone before you know it and then you'll get to read their blogs!

Amber said...

Mom's right... in a few years all you'll have is time with Maren!

I can't believe you fed all those kids for under $10. Well done. As a vegetarian I would not have thought of that, but I'll have to keep it in mind!