Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dear Tooth Fairy,

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday at school Lillie lost a tooth!  Yep, this tooth was ready to come out a day or two ago, but she wouldn't let me help in the process.  She really wanted me to pull it out a day or two ago, but every time she let me try she would freak out before I even got a good grip of the tooth.  A far cry from the days that Preston would actually let me tie dental floss around his teeth and then to the door...then he would slam the door himself.  Those were some fun times!  But Lillie did just fine, and in the end it worked out great for her as she lost her tooth at school!
This is the cute little treasure chest she got to hold her tooth in.  The boys used to get a little tooth shaped necklace, but the treasure chest was very cool.
And the letter Lillie wrote to the Tooth Fairy.  The Tooth Fairy usually leaves a dollar per tooth at our house.  I hear reports of crazy things at school like $5.00 per tooth from kids then the teachers always say they would get a quarter.  

Today is a late start day for all the kids.  Well, except for Lillie.  Due to a long practice for the Drama Club, she is actually leaving earlier than usual.  The Drama Club will perform a play for Martin Luther Kind Day this Friday.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Holy moly, what's up with the spam comments? Well, congrats to Lillie on losing a tooth at school - very cute note! I hope the tooth fairy has some good investments or she may go broke - $5.00 per tooth?!? No way!

Molly said...

Ellen, What did the Tooth Fairy leave your kids when they were little?

In our household of 4 kids, I think we got about 5 to 15 cents per tooth....never as much as a quarter.....but....sometimes we reused a tooth.....I wonder if the Tooth Fairy ever caught on....?

Ellen said...

I remember 10 cents and maybe 25 cents - or was that allowance?