Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hanukkah Candles, Whyties, and You're Good To Go.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday was the first night of Hanukkah.  Happy Hanukkah!

I went out to buy some candles for the occasion and tried the wrong store first. I tried Walgreen's and they didn't even sell Hanukkah candles. Then over to Safeway and no luck there either. Then I got wise, I headed over to Fred Meyers and sure enough they had a couple of options. All blue or a mixture of different colors. I choose the colors just because I like different colors. Then I remembered that I had a lens to pick up for my glasses at Fred Meyer's Optical Department. Yup, my left lens was cracking and they replaced it thanks to my buying the protection plan.
Here are our Hanukkah Candles along with our Menorah and a few Dradles that were given to us by Grandpa and Bernice.
Check out these shoelaces!  The little's school has been selling these "whyties?" in all different colors.  You replace your regular laces and then you have slip on shoes.  Perfect for Lillie!  Hansen picked up a pair of purple and gold ones not to be outdone, but I doubt he will ever use his.
And this is Maren's new Good To Go starter kit!  Not very exciting, but a necessity as more and more roads around here are charging tolls to cross.  I call it trolling rather than tolling.  She will get a cute little sticker for her windshield that will just charge her if she goes under the sensor.  I have one too, but will not install it soon as I like to use the carpool lanes with a full van of people and don't want to be charged.  I will just avoid the tolls or sign my license plate up to be associated with Maren's sticker.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Molly said...

We have a NH EZ-Pass installed in the truck (our only vehicle). Although there are very few toll roads in NH it is helpful & you get a reduced toll charge. I think it is good up and down the east coast EXCEPT for Fla. Florida apparently has their own system (SunPass) and we have one that we take with us when we go to Fla. and put it in the rental car or rental motor home. In Fla. there are a lot of toll roads that have super high speed lanes just for SunPass users and thus it is VERY VERY handy. I am sure Maren will enjoy hers.

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!