Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vacation time.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday was the first day of winter break for the kids and myself.  Hansen and Preston both had overnights at friend's houses so they were not even around in the morning.  Maren is still working through this week before taking some time off the following week.

John and Carol picked up the littles for a day of fun at Jack and Avery's house.  It sounds like they had a great time even though Lillie started to not feel so well.  She is coming down with a cold, but is doing ok.  Lillie and I have tickets to see Cinderella at the 5th Ave. today, so we're hoping she hangs in there.  Hansen was so tired from his overnight and hanging with the twins that he just fell asleep in his room with all the lights on before Preston even wanted to come up...of course they were up later than the rest of us.

Yesterday after hanging out pretending to do chores, I wandered over to the driving range to hit some golf balls.  I ran into an old friend from like 20 years ago in the golf business.  It was fun to catch up and I hit the ball very well too.  So a nice afternoon.  Before the littles got home with John and Carol, Maren and I went out of diner at a local Chinese food restaurant.  The one we usually go to is remodeling, so I don't even know the name of the place we went, but it was very tasty!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Dad and I have always been impressed by how, even when you were little, wherever you go you always run into someone you know!

I hope Lillie feels better soon.