Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Trick Or Treat!

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Today will be a dragging day for everyone in this house! Yup, last night was Halloween! Preston did tons of homework right as he got home from school so he could go off to a Halloween party with his friends! Of course he dressed up as a...soccer player! He and his friend did some trick or treating, but it sounds like the hander outers of candy thought they were just too old...and they are. But I say if you want to go trick or treating, go for it!

Lillie and I getting ready to go out and about. First we went to the really cool houses on our block, then we got in the van and went over to a friend's house to trick or treat with them.

Lillie and her friend getting ready for some candy!

Hansen was going to stay home and pass out candy with Maren, but the moment his friends came by to trick or treat our house, he quickly found a white doctor shirt and a grim reaper mask. It was very cold, but shorts and two t-shirts did him just fine. He bolted out the door and didn't return until a few hours later with the largest haul of candy I have ever seen! Hansen is the guy on the right in this pic. Scary lot of kids huh?

Once again the pirate ship was out at the end of our culd-e-sack. Here Lillie is getting candy lowered down to her...better than walking the plank. Aarg!

After school I picked up this jack-o-lantern pizza at Papa Murphy's. This is it before cooking, Yum! Of course, when Lillie saw it she tossed the olive eyes and I had to scramble to chomp them. Maren had also made apple cider in the crock pot to warm us up after the cold evening. As I am typing this, I just realized I have absolutely no idea what happened on Monday Night Football, I may have to check after posting.
The night ending way too late with the kids sorting and trading their hauls of candy. I suspect Hansen's stash lasts him all the way till Christmas. Maren said this may have been one of the busiest years for trick or treaters at our house as well.


See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly said...

The pic of them sorting their candy is priceless. I am envious of Lillian's sorting method. Do they share with you or do you just get the candy they dislike? Er...maybe kids today like them all.

Bernice said...

This takes me back to Halloween when my (4) kids would come home with their stash and start sorting.I enjoyed what they didn't want. You guys looked great and a good time was had by all.

Ellen said...

Cool costumes and pizza! Great sorting photo!