Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving, Downtown, and Motorcycles too!

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

We had a great Thanksgiving break! I will just jump into the weekend for you. Thursday we headed to the Ostergard's house along with Mel, Court, Jack, Avery, Stef, Derek, Ben and Abby. It was just the right sized crowd and we had tons of yummy food. It is funny because yesterday in the staff room I was listening to bickering and complaining about Thanksgiving this and Thanksgiving that, but I really enjoy the holiday and I think the rest of the family does too. We do our Thankful leaves and have a yummy feast. Sure, I don't have much to do with anything but carving, eating, and entertaining, but it works for me:)

This year after dinner and when everyone was leaving the Ostergard's house, our family headed into downtown Seattle to spend the night in a hotel. We were in the Roosevelt on the 11th floor on a corner. It was perfect. The room was nice and for the most part we were all happy and having fun. In the morning we woke up and went to the Macy's Holiday Parade. It didn't disappoint!

Here is my crowd (except for the guy on the left who was smiling for the picture too) getting ready for the parade. The police didn't like our feet on the street, so I was risking it just to take the photo!
Lots of marching bands, mini-floats, Christmas stuff, parade everything, and even Santa!
This princess got her very own snow globe!
After the parade we wandered around Seattle and ended up at the huge Gingerbread houses. The lighting in here was weird for my camera...but never fear, even thought I didn't do crazy Black Friday shopping in the middle of the night, I did make it into Costco later in the day for a new camera and a new computer! I'm still figuring it all out, but I was able to transfer all my pictures and documents and everything without too much trouble!
The kids in front of a Christmas tree in the Weston along with the amazing gingerbread houses.
This is one of many huge houses...it was like Five feet wide! It was quite a long line, but well worth it.
Saturday I headed out and couple of hours east with Courtney to try out her new motorcycles! I had not ridden motorcycles for probably 25 years! She has two late model Honda CRX 250s. They are plenty fast for me, and totally fun to ride!
This picture is taken near Vantage. We were like 3000 feet high and there was a dusting of snow around. The windmills all over the valley are very cool. There was tons of great riding trails that we kind of had to share with pheasant hunters:) We steered clear of the hunters! It was great to be back on a motorcycle. Can't wait to go riding again.
I rode the bike on the left. If you bigify this pic, you can see all the windmills in the background. We parked 1500 feet lower than these pictures, so it wasn't snowy everywhere. In this world of desertish hills, it was good we had a GPS that could "breadcrumb" our ride, or we may still be out there somewhere!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Great write up! Your photos of your family are so nice - the one of them all sitting on the curb and the one of Maren and Lillian are especially terrific.

What are "Thankful leaves"? Had not heard that phrase before.

I see a lot of Ellen in Preston.

Hansen looks warm in his new jacket, looks good on him.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and appreciate all that you have.

Enjoyed the comment about the GPS and "breadcrumbs". You're too funny.

Amber said...

That kind of sounds like the best weekend ever! I wish we could've been there... our Thanksgiving was more on the boring side.

Molly, you might have to look back to Thanksgiving posts of years gone by to learn about Thankful Leaves ;)

Molly said...

Thanks, Amber, I will do that.

Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving too.

Really pretty color you've picked for the background on your latest entries. I really like that photo you have now of you and Amber - you both look so good and happy. She is a cutie.

Julian's Blog said...

Would have been great to have you here Amber! Molly, here is a link to last year's thankful blog...it was sure colder last year!
http://jmphlblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/thankful-tree.html

Julian's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoyed all the great pictures!