Saturday, November 05, 2011

The Seattle Auto Show!

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Last night Hansen and I went to the Seattle Auto Show! I haven't gone in a few years, but it was fun to be back. Hansen had a great time. Hansen is really into wheeled things these days. The cars and the electric bicycles/scooters had him dreaming all evening. Not to mention the sweepstakes that required e-mail addresses...I am a bit worried about what my inbox will look like soon. Of course, since we have actually been going back and forth about getting Maren a new car, Hansen felt he was on a mission.

No, not a religious mission, but driving this Fiat around the world to fancy cathedrals was fun. It is amazing what can be done with a green screen. I really like these new Fiat 500s. I would own one in a heartbeat, but I don't think they are really Maren's style. But their slogan was great, "Bigger isn't better, it is just harder to park."

No, Hansen didn't like this car, nor would his mom, but I did! Preston would have really liked it too! Let's see, a car like this or our house? Hmmm. Sell the house!

Actually, Hansen is extremely practical and good at math. He was doing quick comparisons to cost and gas mileage. He really thinks we need to buy Maren this 2012 Kia Rio. Best bang for the buck if you only read the window sticker. Hansen thought I was totally wasting my time checking out the VW cars and the Acuras. Humph. I tried to tell him that half the gas mileage and twice the price may not be so bad if the car is freaking awesome! Nope, not for Hansen...or Maren. Fine, I'm going golf club shopping by myself!


See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I have a picture of me standing at the starting of the Le Mans race in France....taken at Sebring FL race....all thanks to the green screen. Loved you driving in St Peters Square, neat photo.

Angels said...

wow, thanks for pictures! I like such autoshows,there are so many cool cars!