Monday, October 17, 2011

Noodley Hotdogs.

Good morning, it is Monday.

Last night I tried a fancy dinner surprise for the kids that Maren had found somewhere in on the web. Now before you start thinking too fancy...it is the presentation and the preparation that is fancy, the food itself is just blah. So, after borrowing spaghetti noodles from a neighbor, cutting up several hot dogs, and sticking a few noodles through the hot dogs, I decided to call the whole surprise element off and let the littles come help with the preparation. It is a good thing I had their help, or I would still be in the preparation stage and dinner would have been tonight instead of last night.

When Preston and Hansen were little I would make a spaghetti/ hot dog dish where the the spaghetti was normal on a plate, but he hot dog was carved up like an octopus. Maybe it is time to move on from hot dogs and noodles...nah.

See you tomorrow.

PS. Somehow my spell check found 16 misspelled words this post, it is amazing how many times and different ways I can misspell spaghetti!

4 comments:

sussah said...

then you boil the whole thing? add enough butter, salt and pepper, then it may be pretty good... love, susanna

Julian's Blog said...

Exactly! The finished product wasn't worth a picture, but it was eaten rather quickly:)

Ellen said...

Yum! We had spaghetti last night, but not as creatively prepared.

Alexandra Rose said...

I would love to see a picture of the octopus, that sounds amazing.

http://beingmama.com/
http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/