Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lottery tickets!

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Today is my younger brother Eric's birthday! Happy Birthday Eric!

One of the things I purchased for myself for my birthday was three scratch lottery tickets. But I couldn't stop buying and buying because the odds of winning are just so good. So by yesterday I had purchased nearly 50 tickets:

No, I am just joking...I only bought three! The picture is from the Internet, someone does like to play scratch tickets out there...but it is not me. I let each kid scratch one, two were winners! I have to go collect my $37 in winning! Woohoo. When in front of the scratch ticket kiosk, two different old ladies came up to me and started asking me if I had a system and how lucky I was with scratch tickets. I told them both that I only buy these one time a year, on my birthday! Neither of them even realized it must be my birthday because they were trying to get an edge on buying their own tickets!

Yesterday everyone was asking how my birthday was. I can honestly say it was a very nice birthday! I have decided that no matter how old you are, birthdays are great. It is the day after that is the ugh. I mean, the day after you are just a year older and your birthday is in the past.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

sussah said...

$37 is great! congratulations. I buy a Lotto ticket whenever I get milk on the way home. I would like when it gets about $700,000. have a prosperous year, love, susanna

Ellen said...

Congrats on the winning tickets! We won $5 in the lottery a few weeks ago, which is more than we've won in quite a few years. Happy birthday, Eric!