Monday, August 01, 2011

Dude, my shoe!

Good morning, it is Monday.

Saturday I spent the day at a friend's house for his annual Pickleball tournament. There were 7 or 8 teams, all a blind draw in the morning. I was lucky to end up with my friend Scott. Scott is an excellent Pickleball player and we teamed up very well. I didn't even make one smart remark about his "everything WSU Cougars" wardrobe. We started playing about 9:30 in the morning and the last match (which we just barely lost in the finals) was around 5:00pm. Yes, I am a sore kid today...we must have played 15 games during the day. The very last game of the day we were up 10-8 and serving for the win, but somehow it didn't work out. The team that beat us really was better, but we just scraped an scraped and it almost worked out.

Scott and I, a pretty darn good Pickleball team.

Yesterday we had a family reunion at Seahurst Beach in Burien near where the Ostergard's live. Kids and adults got to hang with cousins and have a great time. The out of towners leave today, it was great to hang with them all. BJ took a ton of great pictures and they are out there in the world...but these are a few that I took. This on above is one I stepped out of the picture to the side and got everyone's attention for half a sec while BJ got ready for the real group photo from straight on.

The boys had fun tossing each other's shoes onto the rafters of the picnic site. Got to create some fun some how! And they did.

BJ taking more pictures of the group. She took a few super pics of our family too. You may even see one on our Christmas Card this year.

The weather was kind of cool most of the day, but before the day ended the sun came out. Here BJ is taking a few pics of Lillie and Camden as they have a great time playing in the water. My photos are perfect for my blog, but BJ's pictures are at a whole different level of amazing.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly said...

What a great place to take family photos - gorgeous background.

Pickleball? I had not heard of it before and had to look it up. Sounds like a neat sport, glad you had good day.

Happy August!

Bernice said...

I never heard of Pickelball either. I will have to look it up also. The
scenery is so beautiful and a perfect place for a family reunion. The kids seemed to be having a ball.
Enjoy your time off.

Ellen said...

Congrats on doing so well in the Pickleball tourney. Glad you had some nice weather!