Sunday, July 10, 2011

A soccer car?

Good evening, it is Sunday.

The weather has been great the last few days and Preston has had a soccer tournament the whole weekend. Four games and not the best result, but they drew a very tough bracket. The two teams that barely beat them in bracket play ended up playing each other in the final. In the last game, Preston made a goal from over half the field away. It was a free kick from like 60 yards away. The other goalie was kind of foward in the box as kids just don't kick it that far, yet we all knew Preston would go for it. He hit it over the goalie's head and in the upper corner of the goal...afterward he was running on the sidelines giving all the kids and parents high fives. Fun times.I watched all the games, Lillie and Hansen even made it to a couple. Otherwise, it was hanging at the pool and at home for a busy/relaxing weekend.

Here are a few pictures of new glasses for Hansen and I:

My cool new specs...Randy Jackson's line. Cool glasses dawg! Mine don't change to gray like Hansen's. I have tried those lenses and since I wear a hat most the time in the sun, they don't get the UV to change. So instead, I'm having Rx sunglasses made. I tried to golf in glasses the other day, does not work for me...I also have a few boxes of daily wear contact lenses. The daily wear ones you just open up when you want them, and throw them away at the end of the day. I really don't like contact lenses, so just when I golf do they get the nod.

Hansen's first pair of glasses. His next pair will be available next week. Hansen can see again!

And the same exact pair of glasses in the sun...yup, sunglasses! Hansen really likes these specs.

Today we took a trip to DQ. I didn't get a pic of the actual Blizzards, but Hansen and Lillie both enjoyed a Triple Chocoholic Blizzard.

After a trip to a shoe store, a game store, and a make-up store...we ended up with a few pairs of shoes and little stickers for a manicure. I painted Lillie's nails and then put these cool stickers on them for her. I have this job down!

And a cool soccer VW bug. Yes, that is my super cool blue mini-van in the background...don't be too envious!


See you tomorrow...or the day after.

3 comments:

tattushenoi said...

The footie thing looks cool!

.
http://www.tattushenoi.blogspot.com

Altax said...

That car is damn good. Wonderful soccer car.
------------------------------------
Curriculum for Kids

Ellen said...

Wow, cool specs on you and Hansen! That's a great picture of you. Nice paint job on the soccer bug - I think you have the better vehicle, though.