Saturday, July 30, 2011

Playing Tourist

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Yesterday sure turned out to be a fun day. The Ostergards have relatives from Minnesota in town for the week and yesterday we were able to hang with them. Carol's cousin Roger, his daughter Bonnie Jean who is probably a few years younger than Maren, and her daughter Britta who is 4. The day started at Mel's house for playing and Pizza. I tried not to hurt too many kids on the trampoline...tried! Nah, I didn't hurt anyone. When the twins were ready for their naps, the rest of us headed into Seattle to do the tourist thing.

Bonnie Jean and Britta really wanted to go up to the top of the Space Needle. Lillie really did too, and what a perfect day...I think they could see all the way to where the world ends from up there as it was such a clear day. This pic is taken by me lying on the ground at the base of the Space Needle.

Bonnie Jean sent me this picture of Lillie...on top of the world! The reflections make Lillie's arm look all brused, but it was just the reflections, Lillie is looking nice and tan these days. It was about an hour and 15 minutes for the group to go up to the top of the Space Needle, so Hansen and I took off on our big adventure. The oldies (sorry John, Carol, and Roger, but the kids are the littles, and I am the base age here..;) hung around the Seattle Center house and had a nice relaxing time in the perfect weather.

Hansen and I raced to the monorail, went to Westlake Center, then hustled to Pike Place Market. Our goal was to get a cold coffee from the Original Starbucks, then go to a Magic Shop, then make it back in time to meet the girls at the base of the Space Needle. It worked out so perfectly...I am still geeking out about the perfect timing! The guys working at Starbucks were having a great time...I love this picture of Hansen. Hansen said he wasn't ready, but the guys in the back were, so I just took the pic.

And going into the Magic shop. I can't tell you that Hansen bought a shock pen. He may offer you a pen to use someday...be aware! The thing sends volts up your freaking arm...I know this to be true first hand!

Before we left Seattle, Lillie and Britta got to play in the big fountain for a few minutes. Good times. I don't even have any pics with our out of towners, but we will see them again before they leave and I am sure the camera will be clicking.


Once we left Seattle, we still had some adventure left. The littles and I drove to Wild Waves in Federal Way to pick up Preston and a few friends and took them all out to dinner and to a movie. Thor was the choice at the local $3.00 theatre. Lillie and I snuck into Rio instead...then joined the rest of the crowd for the last half an hour of Thor. Maren wasn't left out either...she had a nice day having lunch and dinner with her friends from work past and present.


See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, what a day! Reminds me of my days working at the Space Needle. If Hansen offers me something to write with, I'll ask for a pencil!

Bernice said...

What a fun day for everyone. Love the pictures of Lillie and Hansen.
Such great looking kids.