Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Library Card and a Game.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Yesterday was a very exciting day for Lillian. She got her first ever Library Card! Yup, she has been wanting to go to the library regularly for some time now, and as strange as it seems, we don't always do that. Yes, Maren usually just brings the library home to us! But Lillie wanted the whole Library experience...and did I mention that yesterday was the first day to sign up for the summer reading program? This girl is motivated by prizes. Well, we have now carved out Monday evenings as Library day. Last night I went over and got a book and a few magazines, found a comfy chair while Lillie searched the stacks. She came back with a few books and a movie. We sat and read for awhile, but then Lillie was ready to leave. I learned that I can even check out a lap top computer to use while at the library if I want! Cool.

Lillie with her new wrist band Library Card. It has a picture of feet in the sand. The Library helper that helped us was joking with Lillie that the smaller card with the feet is better because the bigger card with feet stinks just a little more. Library humor, haha.

For one of his last projects as a 5ht grader, Hansen had to make a game board. He had this neat little board that we took to Office Depot and blew up (not into pieces, 5th grade boy humor, haha) so Hansen could have a huge game board. The only reason I was able to get a smile out of Hansen for this picture was to have him pretend not to "say cheese", but to pretend instead that he...more kid humor, haha.


See you tomorrow.


3 comments:

Molly said...

Congrats Lillie! A library card is one of the best things in the whole world. Oh the places you will go. I remember when I got mine. Well done to Maren and Julian for instilling the love of reading in her. A wonderful gift to pass on.

Ellen said...

How cool that Lillie now has her own library card. I go to the library all the time - the library is great! But I don't have any feet on my library card - tsk! Nice game board Hansen made. I don't really know what it is - place, person, etc? - but I'm sure it's neat, and cute smile, too.

Bernice said...

Lillie - you're going to love going to the library. I get all my books at the library - it's the most wonderful thing to have. I don't have a wrist library card - that sounds great. Enjoy all of your reading.
Hansen, I guess that is a fun thing you have, but I don't know what it is - anyway enjoy it, and keep smiling - you look great!!