Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Recital.

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Happy Father's Day! To me! And to my dad! And to John! This is our first Father's Day without Grandpa Sandler, but I'm wearing his watch, so he is on my mind too.

This is a picture of what my dad will look like when I call him at 10:30 pm tonight.

This is my dad as a teenager??? I kind of think this picture of my dad looks like Preston with Aunt Susanna's eyes. Whatever Slane.


For Father's Day I received a nice school project card from Lillie, the movie Despicable Me, a $50.00 gift card for a golf store, and I bought myself a new Cleveland SW (not with earlier gift cart...that is still there!). And that is all by 8:30am.


Now on to other stuff. Preston has one or two soccer game(s) today, I will be leaving very soon to take him. His new team is playing great! Fun to watch!


Lillie did a fabulous job in her dance recital yesterday! You go Lillie! She is such a good dancer. I think she is every bit as good as the dancers on the "club" team. But at 8 years old, one day of dance per week is enough.

Here is Lillie with her recital flowers we bought her. I don't get to see her dance in practice even though I drop her off. There is always a big crowd of moms hogging the window to the dance class, and I like to take that hour to go to the driving range. I always knew she had good moves, but her ability to memorize the routine, and attention to the little details is very good. Her teacher at Dance Arts is obviously excellent.


See you tomorrow.


7 comments:

Molly said...

I don't think I had met your Dad when he was the age in the baseball photo but I agree: he has Susanna's eyes!

Robert said...

Thanks Julian and Happy Father's Day to you. I was 14 in that picture, and they are my eyes, I had them way before Susanna was born.

Molly said...

From the movie 'Addams Family Values' (when they are gazing down at the new baby):
Gomez: "He has my father's eyes!"
Morticia: "Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

Bernice said...

Happy fathers day Julian. You have had a good day so far.
The picture of your dad as a 14yr old doesn't look anything like he looks now - not to me.

With all the moves and poses that Lillie has done through the years,
I am not surprised that she is a good dancer, and very beautiful too. You have a wonderful family and I know you enjoy them.
Yes, we miss your grandpa - first Father's day without him. I've been thinking about him all day, as I do every day......

sussah said...

Dear Julian, Happy Father's Day to you and Robert & also Maren's dad. I love the baseball photo of Robert, he looks pretty young in it. Before the Knights of Pythias? He had those eyes before I had mine, and unfortunately for both of us, the similarity isn't just in the way they "look" but also the way they see. I hope Sally looks in. Have a great day! Love, susanna

Sally said...

I love the baseball photo, too.
Love, Sally

Amber said...

I've been thinking about Grandpa today too. Chuck got a couple new video games and an art project. I didn't mention any of that in my blog, so I'm saying it here!

Hope the rest of your day was just as good. You are a great dad!