Thursday, June 09, 2011

Hairy Situation.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday was a day that Preston and his buddies had been planning for a week or so. Come over to our house before soccer practice for buzz cuts in the front yard. I won't ramble on as you are already scrolling down to see the pictures.

Before. These are boys from Preston's soccer team, and good friends. Alex, Daniel, and Preston.

After. It's all good! A few of the neighbors were out watching the buzzings. Some horrified that Preston and company would buzz off their hair. Some cheering them on. There is even video of the event somewhere in the world. For now, they are all very happy with their buzzes.


After the buzz cuts it was off to soccer practice for the boys and off to church for me. I am participating in a book club/Bible study based on a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. The book may be a bit extreme for my current beliefs, but so is participating in a book club/Bible study as I have never done so. I can feel my rubber band being stretched just a bit.


See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Molly said...

The person that did the buzzing (you?) did a great job. Obviously the young men like it - look at their smiles! Sounds like a great group of friends. What prompted them to make this change?

I do not know the book but it appears to me (from reading your blog) that you lead a fine Christian life and set an excellent example for your children - sincerely involved in their lives, generous and giving, and you all are active in your church. That gets very high marks in my book.

I'll look forward to hearing how the study goes and your thoughts on the book.

Julian's Blog said...

Thanks Molly! And yes, I did the buzzing.

Molly said...

Did I forget to mention.....trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,
brave, clean, and reverent......

And FUNNY. (okay, so that isn't in the Scout Law).

Did the boys try and talk you into getting a buzz cut too........

What did Hansen think?

What were the girl's reactions - amused? horrified? envious?

sussah said...

That's wonderful! they all look great, and they all look older. thanks, sp

Bernice said...

Enjoy the bible study/book club. Let us all know how you liked it.
I am not a fan of buzz cuts, but the boys look great and very happy. That's what matters, and are they lucky to have you around-a great person, and especially a great, loving dad.
Happy Father's Day on Sunday.

Ellen said...

Wow, the boys look great both ways! What a change!