Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

I hope you had a nice Memorial Day. Hope you got to reflect and be thankful for those who have served our country. The kids asked questions and we did our best to answer them. Bernice sent me a story about the Iwo Jima memorial called, Six Boys And Thirteen Hands which was very good.

We also had tons of fun this weekend. Maren shopped the 50 % off sale at Value Village...but she got to shop at the sneak peak on Sunday evening! She found some very nice clothes for all of us.

We had a fun BBQ at John and Carol's yesterday. The great treat was that the Oman's showed up so the kids got to play with their cousins! Also there were John, Carol, Stef and Derek. We had great food and nice visiting. We also got to see all of Stef and Derek's wedding pictures. Stef and Derek are still all happy, snugly, and newly wed...OH BARF! Just joking:) And the pictures are great too!

I also got to golfing and bike riding over the weekend. I played very well with some nice fellas at Lake Wilderness Golf Course. And I had a nice bike ride with my friend Jim into Renton. It was about 20 miles with a stop in the middle for ice-cream. I like those bike rides. We stopped off at the pool so Lillie could swim, Maren relaxed, and Hansen and I played some tennis. Lillie had a couple of play dates while Preston got to have a couple of overnights, hang out with friends, and even got to hang out at the U of W! Hansen got to spend his allowance and hang with friends. Good weekend for all of us.

The only picture I took was this sorry picture of Jim's car. Somehow before our bike ride I was coasting around the car when my shoes got clipped into my pedals unexpectedly and I very slowly crashed into his mirror. Somehow it broke! Jim probably has already fixed it, but I have found replacements on e-bay just in case I need to replace it!
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Sounds like a great Memorial Day weekend...except for the car mirror - yikes!