Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Ocean Shores and Grandpa's watch.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

For the past few days we have been on vacation! We started spring break in style...with a totally wet and soggy trip to Ocean Shores. Usually we hit Ocean Shores in the summer when the air is dry and the temps are high. Not so this time, but we still had a very nice time. This is the view out of our hotel. This was taken during a rare sunburst. Even with the rain the view was very nice.
In the summer it is no problem to walk through the dunes to the beach. Not so in the spring. The dunes were filled with swampy mucky pits of muck. Lillie and Maren still gave it a try. This picture is taken from in the van as we try to rescue the hikers.
We got to visit with Ken, Brenda, Keith, Neesha, and Emma. Emma is Keith and Neesha's cute as pie one year old daughter who just goes and goes. In this picture Lillie is shooting some pool with Ken as Maren and Brenda catch up in the background. We are in a very nice community center where Ken and Brenda live. I can't believe I don't have any pictures of Emma, but there were other cameras and I'm sure there are no shortages of cute pictures of her in the world.
Golf is always on the list for Preston and I when in Ocean Shores. But the rain...ugh. Instead of golfing, Ken and Keith went to the driving range with Preston, Hansen and myself. You can tell it is wet enough. This is Keith hitting a nice shot with Ken teeing up a ball in the background. Maren used to babysit Keith and his brother Kevin when they were little. I gave Keith his first golf clubs and his grandma made him a cool mini-bag. 20 years later he still has a nice golf swing.
Preston and Hansen hitting in the rain. Preston was hitting very nice shots and trying to improve while Hansen was hitting goofy shots like Happy Gilmore and trying to crack everyone up.
Here I am hitting shots. I was just having fun. I gave out a few tips and tried to keep Happy from hurting anyone.
With the crummy weather, we never did build sand castles, but we did drive on the beach. Here is one of the doughnuts we made in the minivan. Lots of shrieking in the van as we did crazy turns and loops and the kids played leaners and had fun. When we got home, look what was in the mail for me. My grandpa's watch. Bernice had bought it for him before they got married. Grandpa had specifically wanted me to have it. The watch works perfectly and with a few little adjustments it fits perfectly too. Thanks Bernice.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melanie Ostergard said...

You wear your watch on your left hand? I never noticed.

Ellen said...

I'm glad everyone had a nice trip. I like the picture of the doughnuts - sounds like fun - though at first I thought I was looking at crop circles, only on the beach. I'm glad you've got the watch Grandpa wanted you to have. It looks nice on you.

Bernice said...

Looks like it was a fun mini vacation. Everyone was engaged in
something. So happy that you got the watch fitted and that you like it. I'm happy to see it on your arm.