Thursday, April 28, 2011

Been sick.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

I've had this fever that I just can't shake for the last few days. My skin hurts and the whole 9 yards. The past couple of days I have been just trying to sleeping all day. Let me say that I now hate my bed and will go to work as a zombie just for a change of pace. If I'm not better soon I will check in with a doctor, but I feel that it is a virus that needs to just pass. That is why I haven't blogged, I just have not wanted to whine too much...but there I go anyway.

I had a golf date last night with the Druid Glen men's club. It was a pick your partner, and Preston and his girlfriend had it all set up that I would be his girlfriend's dad's partner. Even though I missed work, I got up, took a bunch of Advil and Excedrin and went to play. Of the 60 folks registered to play, about half bailed because of the weather front coming through. Barry wanted to play (he is a nice guy, a 13 hcp) so I didn't say no. I started off well, but after about 5 holes the temps dropped dramatically. It had been pouring rain the whole time, but when its started to snow (yes, the course turned white on April 27th) I just got to where I couldn't even feel my hands and I ended up walking in to get warm. Apparently most folks got in before me as they quit too. Barry got a par and bogey on the holes I didn't play. I think we did ok.

Maren had said that if I skipped work I shouldn't golf, besides, what if I saw someone from work? Yeah right I said, at the golf course? Well, after I slogged back into the restaurant, I plopped my sorry self down right next to a co-worker! I just laughed and told her the whole story. Her husband was golfing and she came out to eat with them after the round. I guess Maren knows best.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I sure hope you feel better soon! If I lived closer, I'd bring you some chicken soup. Well, take care of yourself and I hope to hear better news soon.

Bernice said...

I was wondering what happened to you Julian - missed your blogging. I think you should get to a doctor if you don't feel better real soon.
And definitely no golf (especially in bad weather) - listen to Maren.
Get well soon.

sussah said...

Wouldn't you take one of the kids to the doctor if they told you all of this? You are one of the loved ones under your care. So have some chicken soup and then go to the doctor! love, susanna

Amber said...

I can't believe you still played golf. Feel better, J.

carol said...

that makes three for the chicken soup cure, heavily laced with garlic + ginger - they are natural anti-biotics + will kill the bad stuff ! they might not like you on the golf course which.....is not part of the cure......feel better....

Julian's Blog said...

Took myself in last night. Said it was flu and nothing they can do. But they did give me a super good caugh medicine and a nasal spray. Slept well last night and am breathing better. Well worth the visit. Next year I will be getting a flu shot! Thanks for concern and well wishes.