Friday, March 25, 2011

The Seder Meal

Good morning, it is Friday.

Last night was The Seder Meal put on by our church for the families of the second graders preparing for their first communion this Sunday. We were invited to be the head table and got to sit in the front along with the pastor and his wife. All of us were in attendance along with Stefanie, John and Carol. As the head dad at the head table I (along with Pastor John) lead the Seder. The pastor would talk about the why and what of everything, then I would read the blessings and lead the Seder. We had a very nice time and it was great to be the head dad. I even got to mention to the crowd about my grandfather being Jewish and always sending me all the literature and such for all the Jewish holidays. It was nice.

Here is a view of our table from my spot. The pastor and his wife would be to my left and Maren is ducking out of view right in front of the camera.
The traditional foods were served as well as a description each. Here Maren is dishing up her plate. Preston is in the background going for the taco dinner that was also provided for those not so interested in the traditional foods.

Now to collages...yup, the Spongebob collage for Lillie's art class was very fun. The kids all know Spongebob and enjoyed getting to glue, cut, paint, color and do all kinds of things to their artwork. I am sure I will get plenty of comments from the other docents and such for having Spongebob on the walls, but it's all good.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm sure Grandpa would be happy to know you took part in a Seder. Sounds nice.