Friday, March 11, 2011

The No Cavity club and more!

Good morning, it is Friday!

Today I have a few kind of random pictures that I took yesterday. Enjoy:

Yesterday Lillie had a dentist check up. Her teeth are great! She is still a proud member of the Zero Cavity Club! Her trauma tooth is indistinguishable from the other teeth at the moment and looks to have started growing again! She even got to watch a few minutes of Toy Story 3! Great check up!
This is part of the wall [at school] that has all the pictures of the kids with The Cat in The Hat...me! I don't get down this hall too much, but when I saw it, I just stopped, said, "holy smokes!" and took a picture. A couple of teachers were teasing me about having the exact same perfect smile for every single picture; I chalked it up to amazing good looks and talent, haha.

Around here Mardi Gras is not such a big deal. Usually a blurb on the news and that's about it. Sure, a few teachers talk about it and there may be a student or two wearing beads, but really that's about it. The stores kind of skip Mardi Gras and go straight to St. Patrick's day. Shopping for milk, clothes and a walk down the toy isle, look what we found...Hot Wheels Mardi Gras Diecast cars. I gave the kids a quick 2 minute misinformed lecture about Mardi Gras...now Hansen really wants to go because he is sure he will see all kinds of very cool cars on parade, lots of beads and masks, and fun everywhere. Go Hansen!

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

What a cool wall in the hall. I like them all!

sussah said...

One day Hansen should come see the Mardi Gras, but it has nothing to do with fast cars. In fact, it's the diametric opposite of that. As there is no crying in baseball, there is no running, no hurrying, no racing at the Mardi Gras-- especially in New Orleans. love, susanna

Amber said...

Aurora made a Mardi Gras mask at school - which meant glitter was all over her face and scalp.

Glad to hear about Lillie's tooth!

sussah said...

me too, I'm always glad to hear good news about Lillie's tooth. love, susanna

Melanie Ostergard said...

The picture of Lillie in the dentist's chair looks so much like Maren. In fact, I thought it was Maren until I read what you wrote...