Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday we had some very cool snow storms followed by sunbursts. I drove over and picked up the littles from school to save them an extra hour of bus time! I was a little worried if it blizzard again like it had, that the bus might be a very very long ride for them. This is a picture of our neighborhood yesterday at 4:00pm:

You can't really see how cool it was to have the sun shine bright minutes after the blizzard conditions...it was cool.
This is looking out our front door this morning. No snow for our school district. The kids are all still sleeping, no reason to wake them up today! I was scheduled to have our neighbor Kayla (a senior at KL high school) job shadow me today for her senior project. It was also a scheduled art docent day in Lillie's class. Today we were to do Picasso...I was planning on our class drawing a bull. Looks like we will be doing some rescheduling. Maren is also staying home from work today. Right now we are watching the news and all the cars sliding down the hills in the Kent/Auburn area.

I smell coffee, we have Honey Nut Cheerios (I love Honey Nut Cheerios, and we have not had them for years) for breakfast, and I hear Lillie singing about the snow upstairs.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hmm...cars sliding down hills in the Kent/Auburn area...I remember that. One snowy night when I was on my way home from Winners, Midge was the only car that made it up the hospital hill and all the rest of the cars slid back down. It was great! Have a nice snow day!