Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar

Good morning, it is Monday.

Last night was Oscar night at our house. Seems like Oscar night started way earlier than at night, so really it was more like Oscar day. Maren didn't have to work and she didn't have anywhere to go so she had a grand time. I took a picture or two of her soaking up the Oscars/Red Carpet, but got snarky remarks about not needing her life always portrayed on my blog?!? Haha. Well, I will spare her the picture, but I will tell you that Oscar night was like Superbowl night but even more...you see, Maren would be watching the TV, then Laughing for no reason. Then she would read us the tweet that someone just tweeted about what was happening in the Oscars. Yup, i-pad in hand is the best way to watch such a show. Not only did she have the show on the big screen, but she also had snarky commentary from the rest of the world on her i-pad. Cool huh?

The picture you see here is just my feet watching the Oscars. Maren was to my left and the kids were upstairs or downstairs or just standing around begging us to let them change the channel.

Today starts a week of constant rain and wind with temps in the mid 30's. WooHoo...PNW weather really bleeps!

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

sussah said...

I thought it was nice that the red carpet outfits were already appearing on the internet while the people were still wearing them. the ladies' dresses were made the most beautiful when they appeared to be comfortable in them. And the montages were great. love, susanna

Ellen said...

Woo hoo for Christian Bale! I didn't see the movie he won for, but I loved him in 3:10 to Yuma and he's always great. Dad bailed on the Oscars and went to bed (he had to get up early for jury duty today) and I tried to watch till the end but fell asleep. I can commiserate with the kids - even Joey was begging us to change the channel during some of those songs.

Molly said...

Must be nice to watch it on the west coast and be able to go to sleep at a decent hour....
Christian Bale was great in "Empire of the Sun" (1987, based on a true story). Loved the feet Julian!

Amber said...

You have hairy feet. And, I like pictures of Maren.

I don't think Chuck particularly likes me blogging about him either...