Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Good morning, it is Monday.

Happy Valentine's Day! Lillie and Hansen will have their school parities today and should come home with tons of great Valentine's Day things. My school did their parties last Friday so it should be kind of a regular day at CV. No parties at Preston's school, but he is not lacking in the Valentine department. And Maren has to work all day and teach a class this evening. She did get a cute little stuffed bear.

Yesterday I took Lillie to a birthday party at Auburn skate. Yup, rollerskating. The place was packed, but we got there just early enough that this picture doesn't really show it:

I also rented some skates so I could tear it up too! Most of my skating was very slow with Lillie...pushing her a little, picking her up off the ground, and just hanging out. But I did get a few laps of going fast and turning with stepping over like the speed skaters do it...if only there was a camera!

The evening was spent watching the red carpet for the Grammys. Lillie was totally captivated by Lady Gaga and her egg...I guess it was a good show? We turned it off at 9:00pm so the kids could get some sleep, but I am sure we will be watching the rest later as the kids want to see Eminem do his thing. Because we were on tape delay, Maren knew exactly what was happening thanks to twitter.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

How fun that you got to go skating. I remember we used to go ice skating - in Burien, I think. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Bernice said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. I'm sure everyone will celebrate in their own way. Roller skating looked like real fun.