Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day.

Good morning, it is Monday.

This morning the boys and Maren are still snoozing away. I'm not sure there is even a wake-up time in sight. Lillie and I are hanging down stairs, she is watching Sleeping Beauty and I am avoiding cleaning, sweeping and mopping the floors...but for how long? It's been two days so far :)

While we have today off of school in honor of MLK day, the schools had their assemblies on Friday. My school had a very nice assembly with coral readings, singing, and a speaker who was great. He is now the head of the ESL department for the school district, but grew up one of the youngest in a large family of migrant workers. Traveling yearly from Texas to Eastern Washington. He told how through education, support, and opportunity he was able to become a teacher and then an administrator.

Last night Lillie and I went to the $3.00 movie theatre to see Megamind. Maren stayed home to watch some red carpet award show and the boys chose not to come. Their loss...Megamind was very fun. I think next time they may choose to come? Probably not.

Tomorrow I report for Jury Duty!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Dad got a notice for jury duty next month. Have a nice MLK day.