Thursday, December 02, 2010

Let the holiday season begin!

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday was December 1st. December 1st is aways a very anticipated day around these parts because it is the first to open all the little Advent Calenders that start on the 1st and go to the 25th. The first day of the Advent season at church was last Sunday, but those candles don't seem nearly as exciting as the little chocolate candies in the Advent Calendars. But December 1st was also the start of Channukah this year. You may know that my Jewish roots go back through my mom to my Grandpa Sandler who along with his family has been very active in Judaism from teaching and starting the Jewish Studies department at the University of Miami to writing many articles for Jewish journals and newpapers, to just being very active in their local Synagogue. I wasn't raised Jewish, but thanks to my Grandpa Sandler (who turned 87 a couple of days ago-Happy Birthday Grandpa!) and my Grandma Bernice, I am in the know...as are my kids. So in there with all the advent calenders is a very nice Menorah that we lit last night per tradition along with reading the blessings.

And if the start of Channukah and Advent calendars wasn't enough, Lillie got some new boots!
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

sussah said...

Dear Julian, Happy Channukkah to the whole family! love, susanna