Sunday, December 05, 2010

Huskies Win Apple Cup!

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Last night was the Apple Cup! The state rivalry between U of W and WSU in the last football game of the season. The last few years have been poor seasons for both teams, but both teams are getting better of late. The U of W won in amazing fashion last night. Not only did they win, but now they go to a bowl game! Wahoo.

I didn't make too many bets this year. But I did make one with a co-worker. He is all Cougs all the time. I will be proudly displaying the dollar I collect from him in my classroom come Monday morning!

Yesterday I was walking home from dropping the truck off at the service station and was talking to a construction fellow at the crosswalk about the Apple Cup. Right then an old pick-up dies just meters from the gas station. We ran over and gave the kid a push into the gas station. He nearly made it! Then a while later an old car went flying by with two police right behind it. Anyhow, pretty exciting walk home from Covington!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street!

Ellen said...

Congrat, U of W. Very interesting walk home!