Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Thankful Tree.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

At school I am know as a Christmas loving fellow who doesn't give a rat about Thanksgiving. Something to do with decorating the staff room for Christmas last week, go figure. Well, the staff room is just drab this week, no nothing. So I figure at least I participated in the decorations game. But getting back on track, I do like Thanksgiving, and so does the family. Maren put a big Thankful Tree up on the wall in the dining room and cut out leaves on the table. Each night at dinner we take turns on who we write Thankful Leaves for. It is a very nice thing to do, and it feels good when it is you night to be written about...mostly.

Here is the tree! This picture is too far away to do any reading, but if you come visit, we may let you check the tree out in real life!
Last night was Preston's night. Preston was cracking up when Lillie was asking how to spell "hamsters", not knowing what in the world she could be writing. It is a very nice Thankful Leaf from a little sister.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber said...

There are a few things that I steal from you thanks to your blog. 1) we are constantly calling things "matchers," because I think it's so cute, and 2) once Aurora can write we'll do this.

I'm thankful for being thankful.

Ellen said...

What a nice idea.