Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Christmas time!?!

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Yesterday when I walked into the staff room at break time, all the Halloween stuff was taken down and it was all replaced with Christmas stuff. There were advent calendars on the side walls, season greeting signs up as well, and even a snowman and a Santa Claus. On the white board was written, 54 days until Christmas! Who would do this to the staff room so early? Yup, I did! It is my week to decorate the staff room and just like every store in the country, Christmas started yesterday! Of course it is just for fun, and half the staff are appalled and the other think it is great...I have only had a few "It's not Christmas Mr. Slane!" remarks. I may take it down and put up Thanksgiving stuff, but probably not, I think it kind of funny and absurd at the same time. Perfect for the staff room. But seriously, go to a chain store and try to buy anything not Christmas. Can't do it.

I got to administer a writing assignment for a few kindergartners. Draw your family and label them. Not so easy for some. This is my 2 minute example. I thought it turned out cute...not nearly as nice as Mr. Marshall's, but fine. I put Mom and Dad instead of my name as to help the kids out...they could copy that on their pictures if they could figure it out. I think this might be 4.0 material!
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amber said...

You're ridiculous, Mr. Slane!!! Give Thanksgiving a chance :) Hahaha!