Friday, October 01, 2010

Preston's taking over!

Good morning, it is Friday.

Last night was kind of crazy, but went quite smoothly thanks to Preston helping out. Maren came home from work feeling sick and went to bed (she is still not feeling well and will be staying home from work today). Hansen had soccer practice and plenty of homework. Lillie just had her usual homework. Preston actually offered to watch Lillie while I took Hansen to practice and then make us dinner when we got home! He even offered to help Lillie with her homework, but she turned him down. Can you believe it!

Here is Preston making us pancakes with chocolate chips while Maren rests. I was helping Hansen with his homework. We all really enjoyed chocolate chip pancakes for dinner!

Hansen's practice was fun, long but fun. About the time it was scheduled to end, coach called to any parents that wanted to play. I jumped up and ended up defending Hansen. Hansen actually got the ball, flew by me, darted to the inside and scored a goal! Now I wasn't going to knock him down or anything, but he was too quick and skilled for me to do anything about it! Now he thinks I should pay him an extra $15.00 so he can purchase a metal detector he has had his eye on. What gives?

Anyhow, thanks to Preston's help and the littles not complaining about homework and such, last night went very smoothly while Maren was able to just go to bed early. I am hoping Maren gets better soon! But I was pleasantly surprised how well the kids stepped up and did more than usual just to let their sick mom rest.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I want Preston to make chocolate chip pancakes for us tonight. I'm tired.

Ellen said...

I hope Maren feels better real soon. I am going to have to make chocolate chip pancakes - yum!