Wednesday, October 27, 2010

pie and prizes.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

A couple of days ago Preston had his friend Austin over for some x-box before soccer practice. I was reading the paper and came across a few very funny cartoons about annoying little siblings. Since they both have annoying little siblings, I thought they would like them...but no, they were like, "what's so funny?" So I moved on, away from the humorless teenagers messing up my house. Now I love pumpkin pie, but not all the cartoons about how to make pumpkin pie. Pumpkins pooping out pumpkin pie doesn't do much for me. So when I came across this cartoon, which I thought was mildly funny, I decided to show it to the kids to show it to them...and yes, they both thought it was very funny...by far the best one I showed them!

Changing the topic, the other day there was a whole school staff meeting. Usually I don't make it to staff meetings as they are always two hours before I arrive and they are for the certified staff. Anyhow, the principal did a drawing and gave two lucky people a fabulous prize! And you guessed it...I won a fabulous prize! Here it is:
A scented pencil made from 100% recycled newspapers! It smells of black cherry or something in that genre. I have not brought it home to let the kids fight over it yet...and maybe I wont. It may just live at school, on the corner of my desk, like the major prize that it is, like a leg lamp.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

Hi Julian, Yes, a special prized pencil needs to be kept secure. I liked that pumpkin pie cartoon! love, sussah

Melanie Ostergard said...

frahhh-geeeee-lei - must be Italian!

I love that movie!!

Ellen said...

I'm not big on scented things, but congrats on winning the drawing!