Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Happy Birthday to me! 10-10-10...I have been waiting 41 years for this birthday! And yes, I will pick up a lotto ticket today!

But this weekend had some other stuff that was very exciting besides just my birthday. Friday evening Hansen and Lillie spent the night with Nana and Grandpa, Preston with friends, and Maren and I went to the Washington State Book Awards where Maren was a presenter for a picture book award that she was on the committee to choose!

Here is Maren in the Seattle Public Library getting ready for the evening.
And here she is giving her wonderful speech to introduce the winner. She did a great job!
Now back to a few hours earlier on Friday evening...John is showing off his new pick-up truck! It is very nice. Congrats. John kept his purchasing of a new pick-up truck quiet because...
He gave me his old one for my birthday! How cool is that? Very cool. Thanks! John had always said that he would drive it until Preston was ready to drive. Preston is already wondering if in the next year we can fix the paint and make the 5-speed stick shift into an automatic. He will have no trouble driving a stick. And in just a year and a half, he will be driving...yikes!

I have had a great birthday! Thanks for the cards and gifts!!! I have also enjoyed reading all the nice posts on my FB page. Today I will be driving a carpool of kids to a soccer game in Bremerton...in the pouring rain. But no worries, that won't dampen my birthday day!

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

sussah said...

Happy Birthday Julian! What a great present, when I saw you smiling in the photo, I thought that must be what happened. Love & best wishes for a great year, Susanna & Johnny (in Maine, but heading home tomorrow.) 10/10/10

Amber said...

I'm not sure I'm buying that it was a surprise, based on the look on your face! Wow, what a cool gift - congrats!!! Hope you had a great day.

Grandpa and Bernice said...

What a great birthday present - and Preston is looking forward to owning it in the future (not too far away). Sounds like you had a super birthday.........

Ellen said...

Happy birthday - I hope you got our singing phone message! Congrats on the truck! That was sure nice of John.

Tn said...

Make yourself more beautifu and fashionable,another side is choose a suitable clothing.Everyone like to buy yourself lovely and comfortable shoes or clothes.Unique design bag,I think in our country this kind of design is so little.Right?hah!!Why don't you try our new design tn chaussure shoes?It has high protect function,and also make your feet feels very comfortable.In our store, nike air max 90 shoes has a large discount activity online,already attracted so many customers attention.If you like them,you must hurry action to choose them.At the same time,uinque design and perfect appearance nike shoes now hot selling online.Also has 100% quality chaussure tn requin shoes discount sale in our online store.I hope everyone can choose a beautiful and suitable t shirts clothing.