Monday, October 25, 2010

Goal!

Good morning, it is Monday.

A couple of soccer firsts this weekend: Hansen scored his first goal of the season!!! He got a breakaway run and finished it off with a very solid kick to the right side of the goal. Way to go Hansen! Preston scored his first Hat Trick of this season...three goals in one game. Preston also scored a bunch of goals in the indoor double header they had yesterday. I took a picture of Maren's car parked next to a new Porsche (at Starfire) that was the exact same size and color...I don't really know why, so I didn't post it. Maren's car is doing just fine...I changed the oil over the weekend as it now has 105,000 miles. I also picked up some paint to do the pick-up truck. I have decided I will try to do the top and the hood myself after watching a bunch of YouTube videos. If it turns out crummy, the professionals can fix it. I probably should wait until summer, we'll see.

While a first goal is cool, new shoes, new Nerf guns, and a new car for mom are really not the kind of reward one could ever expect (not that Hansen didn't ask) for such a moment...but a Frap from Starbucks is about right!
Maren made Halloween burgers for dinner Saturday. Cute and Delicious...with all the trimmings of course.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Grandpa and Bernice said...

Congratulations to the 2 athletes -how cool! They both deserve a treat.

And those halloween burgers are winners. you're all so talented.

Happy Halloween to all of you, and be sure to post pictures of the costumes.