Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What are you singing?

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

The weekdays just fly by with all we have going on. I hardly have any time to blog at all...so some of my weekday posts have dwindled. But I do find time to check out blogs and facebook, so I should have time to blog!

Preston and his friends listen to rap music and his favorite is Eminem. Because of this, I kind of know many songs I wouldn't ever even know of...many with very unfavorable lyrics, but hey, it sounds good and you can dance to it! Actually not even. Anyhow, yesterday at work a 1st grader was singing "Toot it and Boot it." It's not an Eminem song, but the same genre. Yes, really!?! This is a kid who probably has a teenage sibling, so I got to cut him some slack...but really, you got to watch what songs your real little ones are listening to! Of course, none of the other kids knew what in the world he was singing, and really didn't care...so I guess it is all good.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I like Eminem, too - at least a few of his songs. But you're right - a lot of music out there is very inappropriate. When Aurora was here, we sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, which she can sing perfectly - always a good choice.