Friday, September 17, 2010

Open house, soccer practice.

Good morning, it is Friday.

Yesterday Maren went to the open house at Preston's middle school. She got to follow his schedule and hear the teacher's spiels while visiting friends who have kids in Preston's classes. She was pleasantly amazed by a few of his teachers, in the middle about a few of his teachers, and sad for Preston that he has to waste an hour of his life with one of his teachers. It is always amazing how Preston totally agrees with all of Maren's assessments of his teachers after spending only 10 minutes with them.

I didn't get to go to Preston's open house, instead I hung out in the rain at Hansen's soccer practice. But I did get to meet a couple of parents that also went to Kentridge high school, only they were older than me:) And I figured out that walking the perimeter of the school his practice is at is about 1/4 mile long...Yup, during an hour and a half practice, I can walk a mile and a half, read for awhile, visit with other parents, and still have time to watch the practice some. I was going to be the assistant coach for awhile, but others who are more knowledgeable kind of took over around the second practice. Actually I think it works out better for everyone...I think Hansen gets enough pressure from me in his life, good he gets a break during soccer.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Very interesting about Maren going to the open house. Nice that you figured out how to get some exercise at Hansen's soccer practice.