Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Stairs, friends.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday I worked all day long on this:

A new staircase for the new deck! Let me just tell you, staircases are everywhere...and I know professional carpenters can make them quite efficiently, but this particular staircase, being my first ever, was not so easy...but it did turn out very well. And in case you're wondering, yes, I had to design and cut the stair risers. The pre-made ones at Home Depot only have five steps.
While I was working my fingers to the bone, Preston was just having fun goofing with a few friends who occasionally walk over for a visit. Lauren is always ready for a game of tether ball or ping pong.
It is amazing how kids these days can hang out, play ping pong, and text other friends all at the same time. I only bugged the kids enough to kind of know what was going on...and snap a few pictures.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

Hi Julian, The stairs are wonderful! You are very creative. I hope you still have most of August to get a little relaxation in, for yourself? love, susanna

Melanie Ostergard said...

I like that Ranger or Joe (can't tell which) is posing in the doorway of the deck picture.

Ellen said...

The stairs came out great! Good job!