Thursday, August 05, 2010

Cement block, Panda Express.

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday I finished the second staircase on the deck. The stairs have turned out very well. Now I am moving to the bench/railings. Yesterday while setting the new cement blocks for the small staircase, I uncovered this cement block (for some reason it keeps going sideways...I have tried uploading if different ways and such, just got to turn your head to the right):

Looks like it was used to support the stairs of the original deck build in 1988 and has inscriptions from the Bells...the original owners of the house. I e-mailed the realtor that did the house transaction, but she thought the Bells moved out of the area. Oh well, if they ever come across this, they can have this cement block if they want. I will put it back under the deck for now.

Yesterday Lillie and Hansen got to spend the day with John and Carol at Jack and Avery's house. They always have a great day...and hopefully had a great lunch. Mel and I texted back and forth about what to feed them. Mel was looking for something new and I was suggesting sticking with what works. I am thinking that when you have little cousins who adore you and a trampoline to jump on [like Lillie and Hansen have at Jack and Avery's house]...food is not really on the radar, unless it is yucky.
And for some "not yucky" food...Maren and I were on our own for dinner. Panda Express is the place to go when not wanting to spend a ton of cash and not wanting to eat a burger. Yum! I wish I had Panda Express right now...even for breakfast! I guess a bowl of Chocolate Chex will have to do.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

How very cool to find that cement block. I wonder if the Bells remember doing it. Maren looks very pretty in that picture - and the food does look good - I think it's time to get off the computer and make dinner now.

Anonymous said...

I tried to do this yesterday but it did not work. I taught Danny and Megan Bell at CV. They were both very interesting, talented kids. I do not know if there was another Bell family in that area.
Your deck looks very nice. Good job on the steps. Your family is having some greta "Summer fun." I loved the comment about reading. So true.