Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A birthday day.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Yesterday Lillie had a birthday party to addend for her friend Katie. Early in the morning we hit the stores to find the perfect birthday gift. Here are a couple of strange toys that Lillie was drawn toward, but were not the winners:

I like this one, it is a Fortune Skull! Ask it a yes or no question and it gives you a creepy answer. I actually have a magic 8 ball app on my phone so I always have a magic 8 ball at my fingertips...you know, for all of life's important decisions!
This is another toy that Lillie was very intrigued by and knew all about it from TV commercials. Yes, it is wigs you buy for your barbie size dolls. You could buy several different wigs in different colors and styles. Kind of cool, but kind of not cool...especially the theme, "Real Girls. Real Life." NOT!

Here is what we went with, from the craft section rather than the toy section. The party was a butterfly theme, so a pink shirt, diamond look butterfly iron on, and silver iron on letters. I let Lillie buy her own shirt and iron on as well. Matcher shirts! Besides, it had been years since I did any iron on stuff and figured Lillie's shirt would be my practice shirt, but they both turned out just fine. We will see how they handle the wash, yikes. Lillie didn't wear hers to the party because we didn't have shirts for all the girls, but she still had a plenty styling look. When I picked up Lillie from the party, Katie was already wearing her new butterfly shirt!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

sussah said...

I guess the sparkly shirt could make it through the wash, inside out, inside of one of those lingerie bags. Lillie looks very pretty displaying them. love, susanna

Ellen said...

What a great gift idea! It may very well just wash great.