Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Texting your summer away.

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

We are up for renewing our phones in just under a week! We (I) still can't decide what we want to do...fancy smart phones for Maren and I or basic phones for Maren and I. The fancy phones look great, but an extra $30.00 per phone per month adds up. So, still deciding. I was looking at my account today and the most recent monthly bill had just come in. Thankfully we have unlimited texting! Check out our phones and their text usages:

Julian's phone...418 texts messages.

Maren's phone...113 texts messages.

Hansen's phone...8 text messages.

Preston's phone...15,355 text messages.

Nope, that is not a type error. That is a ton of text messages for our teenager. Yesterday Preston had some friends over and at one time they were just texting each other for fun while sitting next to each other...maybe they didn't want me to hear??? Hmm. Then they discussed "spamming" a friend's phone with texts by entering the same phone # in all 10 phone number spots, then sending the the message a number of times. I guess that would push the text count sky high!

When Hansen gets a new phone that he has regular access to, I am sure his numbers will be going up as well.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Whoa, that's a lot of texts for Preston! Sometimes we see teens texting and we're amazed at how fast they can go. We actually could text, but we don't. Well, good luck deciding!