Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Pretty as a Princess.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

The heat wave starts today! It is amazing how we can get 347 days of rain, then all of a sudden it is over 90 degrees for a few days. Yesterday I installed our tiny air conditioner in the living room. Of course it only helps if you're right in front of it...but if it gets too hot, that is where we will be.

But I have plenty of chores to get to if the weather is at all agreeable. Yesterday I took Lillie to The Home Depot to choose some paint for her room. She chose "Pretty as a Princess". Of course she did! Unfortunately her room needs to be cleaned and moved around in order to paint...I have my work cut out.
And what will I do after Lillie's room is painted you ask? Replace the deck. Dang, dang, dang. This will be a big expensive job. But it needs to be done. I am hoping the frame will be in good enough shape to use most if it, but the floor and the rails need to be replaced. I tried to pull out one rotting board to replace it, but replacing one board at a time just won't work as the builder (previous owner of our house...20+ years ago) glued and nailed the boards down. I think it will be time to put on a Trex style flooring and rails.
But for today I have to steamer clean the carpet, take the kids to the pool for a birthday party, and then head to a sneak preview of Despicable Me that Maren won tickets for.
See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, you have your summer projects cut out for you. Congrats on the air conditioner!

Grandpa and Bernice said...

Julian, you are one busy guy. We could use some of your expertise here. Keep us informed of your progress. Most of the country is ENJOYING Florida type weather, even worse than Florida. You guys have the extremes of rainy, gloomy and then hot and steamy. Oh, well can't have everything. Love to you all.

Emily said...

We have a matching teensy air conditioner in our living room. In fact, I'm sitting in front of it right now. It feels kind of like there is someone breathing on my neck who just drank a relatively cool soda. Not so helpful in the heat wave we've been having, but every bit counts!