Friday, July 16, 2010

Phones, Deck.

Good morning, it is Friday.

I will jump right in with pictures:
Our new phones arrived! Hansen and Maren are the most excited for sure. After spending way too long on the phone with Verizon, we now have all our contacts updated and the new phones working just fine. Hansen kept texting all of us goofy things and Maren was busy learning the cool features of the phones.
Yesterday morning was spent clearing out under the deck, clearing away planter boxes and everything the would be in the way of the deck replacement project. I have learned that about half of the frame is ok to keep around, half of the frame, will be replaced. I will also be adding more supports to the mid section of the deck. I am currently thinking wood over trex, but we will see. This project is kind of on the fly...but I am sure it will turn out nicely. Hansen was my number one helper. He worked more than I did on the demolishing of the old deck.

By now the deck has no railings, the footings are all cleared, and about 1/3rd of the decking is removed. The pile of old lumber in the back yard is growing by the minute. I go back and forth about thinking this is a piece of cake project and being totally overwhelmed. I am just taking this project "board by board".

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Congrats on the new phones! Replacing the deck does seem like a LOT of work, but I'm sure it will come out great.