Sunday, July 18, 2010

GWL plus extra pics.

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Friday we went to the Great Wolf Lodge, stayed Friday night and came home Saturday afternoon. The GWL is a cool place. It is a nice hotel, a very cool water park, and it has a very cool Wizard scavenger hunt. Here are a few pics and a video...then more stuff:

The family in front of the grand entrance. The Friday we arrived they had all guests sign release forms because of a TV show filming. Looked like a training video to me...but there was some excitement around it all.

A view from Maren's seat of the giant water slide. Preston and I went on all the big rides. The Tornado was cool...it was dark, dropped way down into a half pipe. Some how Preston always ended up going first and being backwards on our shared inner tube thing. Preston would yell, "what is coming up next??", and I would yell back, "We are going to turn, down a GIANT, AAAAAGGGGHHHHHAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!". Not sure this really helped him any.

Preston and Lillie chilling in the hotel room. Lillie has her pink magic wand for the Quest.
The quest was fun. Like a real live Zelda game or something. I got kind of good at it as I was the main hang out with the littles as they navigated the scavenger hunt for hours. They completed the entire booklet...only to realize there was even more. I can't even tell you how many times we ran up and down from the 4th floor to the 1st floor. The video is of Hansen listening to the wizard (on the TV screen in a tree) about one of the next quest clues.



Now for a couple of unrelated pictures:
Hansen and Lillie helping on the deck. Hansen is truly a valuable helper. Lillie likes to hang out and wishes she could do more.

This is an old picture of my mom and my little brother (Eric is one year younger than me, this picture must be from 1972?) in front of the mural my mom painted in our bedroom. This must have been my wall for 5 or 6 years. I do remember looking at the different images my mom painted. I thought painting Lillie's room pink was tough enough...can you even imagine painting this room? Wow!

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Wow indeed! And wow Great Wolf Lodge - what a fun way to spend a weekend!!! We have a GWL in Dallas, which is a 3-4 hour drive from here. I'd consider heading up, especially considering Chuck's not an outdoor water park kind of guy.

carol said...

julian, it's so cool to see the photo of your mom in front of the mural she painted on Your blog. I love reading about your memories of it as a
child. Wow is right ! What a talent your mom has ! That photo has really travelled-out to california with me, back to Boston with me, down to Florida and then back to the 'left' coast again ! I'm glad it found its way back to you. Loved reading all about your trip to GWL and the photos too.

Ellen said...

Great Wolf Lodge sounds cool! Your deck looks like it's coming along great, and way to go Hansen for being such a good helper! That mural was quite a project, but I loved doing it. It's now under many layers of paint in the Mayo Street house - nice to see it in the picture.

jerisenger said...

Wow, I'm impressed with that mural. You should have come in and helped those Century 21 kids with their project. I did, but it was after the fact.
I have 2 wands here from the GWL. I had to read for Olivia and we too ran up and down the steps many times. We did not come close to finishing anything. Jeri