Monday, June 07, 2010

Fair, Choir, camera, what else?

Good morning, it is Monday.

Saturday was sunny and warm all day long. Sunday was rainy and cold all day long. Crazy weather of the Pacific North West. We were busy and had lots of fun. Lets see what I remember:

Friday evening was the Multicultural Fair at CV. I took Hansen and Lillie as it is always a great time of arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, great food, dancing and music, and raffle drawings. Here are a couple of pics:

Lillie doing a craft.
Hansen being goofy while performers are on stage.

Saturday was a great day weather wise. Maren had to attend a conference all day, actually a very good one in her opinion, but she wasn't home. Preston spent the day with friends while Lillie, Hansen and I spent the day enjoying the weather and spending allowance money. And exchanging cameras. I decided the Casio was just too big and bulky and I didn't like the software. I traded it in for a Canon. The Canon takes equally great video, has less zoom, much easier software, and is way smaller...even smaller than my cell phone! I put its picture in place of the last camera on Thursday's post if you want to see what it looks like.

Yesterday was the last Children's Choir performance of the year. The kids performed great...in fact, I have a video I shot with my new camera below. I have to do some figuring because I shot it in HD, but it took like an hour to upload to YouTube, there has got to be a better way. The next picture is of the kids warming up in one of the Sunday School rooms followed by a video I took of the first performance:
If you double click the youtube link and watch it on youtube rather than my blog, you can see it in HD with much more screen to the right. Lillie is on the lower left and Hansen is in the back row.

These are a couple of funny pics from the weekend. Yesterday Lillie had a birthday party for a friend at The Bouncy Place. The Safety Rules sign was cracking Preston and me up:
This toy was fun to play with at Fred Meyer. I don't think I would buy it...but it is great entertainment at the store. It says "Don't try me!" Yeah right, Lillie and I were pushing buttons trying to get it to chomp my fingers first thing. It was very quick, kind of disturbing, but lots of fun. And we had plenty of time as Hansen was trying to spend $15.00 when he only had $8.50.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: