Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Band.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Last night was Preston's final band concert of the year. He will be in band next year, so it is not his final band concert ever...but I am sure that time will come. The band is very good! The teacher read a passage from a popular writer's blog to start the show about playing "good music", not just some strange "band music", then he stayed true to the idea. They played cartoon music, a theme from Sound of Music, and some other songs that you could recognize. It was fun to see a few of Preston's long time friends get to play solo and receive awards. Preston is in the left part of the back right of this panoramic photo...kind of below the basketball hoop.
My camera's regular setting wouldn't do much better and the panoramic is cool, so this is what you get. I am looking around at different cameras and such as my phone contract is about up. I will either get a nice camera and a cheap phone, or get a really nice phone with a good camera. I go back and forth about each day. The smart phone cameras are getting quite a bit better than what I have used for the last couple of years, but they can't really compare to an actual camera. I am sure I will mull it over for another month. It all boils down to...I don't think I want to carry both a phone and a camera...and I don't want to have to connect to the computer to get my pictures, I enjoy just e-mailing them to myself.

Today is the first day of Preston's conference track meet. Perfect timing as the biggest rain storm of the year bringing flooding and such hits today. Today is also a breakfast at Grass Lake for the volunteers...so I will be eating is style this morning, or just in a big crowd.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I think you need to go with the camera that will work best with your life... meaning, get a nice camera phone. You need a purse to carry around a phone AND a camera!

sussah said...

The panoramic effect is great. Johnny used to love the panoramic disposable cameras for vacation shots, but they really don't stock those anymore in drug stores. That's a good use of it to photograph the entire band! love, susanna

Robert, Ellen, and Joey said...

Great band shot! We felt like we were there! Grandma Slane used to play the clarinet in her junior high band - in fact, she was first chair, first clarinet!