Friday, June 25, 2010

ALA, Tim Noah.

Good morning, it is Friday.

I just got back from bringing Maren to the airport. She is off to somewhere far away for her ALA conference. This is a big one for her as she has to make a speech in front of many people at a fancy luncheon to introduce the author her committee picked for the Margaret Edward's award last ALA conference. Maren is a bit nervous, but I am sure she will do a great job.

So it is just me and the kids hanging out. And even that will be changing in a few hours when Preston goes camping with friends for the weekend. Then it will be just me with the littles. And that will change Saturday night when we play musical kids with the cousins and Lillie spends the night at Claire's house and Alex spends the night at our house. But by the time Maren gets back on Tuesday night, things should be back to normal around here.

Yesterday I took Hansen and Lillie to see Tim Noah at the Covington Library. Maren used to be a big Tim Noah fan back in her elementary days! Hansen and Preston have been to his concerts in the past, but this was Lillie's first time seeing him. Lillie has enjoyed his movie about the Wazzy Woodle Woo, but didn't know what to think. Her first comment, "he sure looks older in real life!" Well, the movie is just about 30 years old, so we will cut him some slack. I thought he did a great job with the kids. Lillie was a little shy, and Hansen a little old, so we didn't stay too long. Here is a picture from the back of the crowd:


Yes, it was crowded. And yes, this is my old phone camera. My new camera decided to break the day before yesterday. Aarg! I went to take a picture, the lens came halfway out, and error was all it would do...so it has been returned. It took great pics and videos, but I will try a new cell phone with an updated camera before going out and buying another camera. Next stop, the Droid Incredible smart phone with 8 mb camera. If it works half as good as my Canon, and twice as good as my current 3 mb camera phone, then I will be a very happy camper.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I remember seeing Tim Noah with Amber at the Pavilion many years ago. I can still hum the "Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo" song, for better or for worse. Glad he's still entertaining new generations of kids. Good luck with the new phone/camera!

Amber said...

It's the wow wow wibble woggle wozzy woodle woo!