Sunday, May 02, 2010

Work Party

Good morning, it is Sunday.

Yesterday I worked a four hour shift at the Kent Swim and Tennis Club (KSTC). We joined last year and have really enjoyed the club. Next week is opening weekend so cleanup has been in full swing. I didn't really know what to expect for a KSTC work party, but I can tell you, I worked hard. The reward for working a four hour shift is getting $75.00 back from your yearly dues...and helping the pool/club get ready for the upcoming season.

My job(s) started with washing and sorting big garbage cans. From there I went to the parking lot and moved dirt from and around the parking lot. The last part of the shift was painting the boy's changing room. I worked with a few nice folks and really had a nice time even though I was working hard. Glad I showed up.

Today is Grandpa John's birthday! Today after church and a birthday party for one of Preston's friends, we will be doing a little birthday celebrating with the birthday boy.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: