Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dress like a kid, art day, overnight bags?, and Susan's birthday party.

Good morning, it is Saturday.

Yesterday was a fun day. Dress like a kid day at school was fun. I had on my grubby jeans and a silly t-shirt. But the fun part was keeping my left shoe untied the entire day. I can't tell you how many times a student said, "Mr. Slane, your shoe is untied...hahaha!" I would then reply, "so is yours...hahaha!" Every once in a while my shoe would fall off and and that was extra fun. One of the recess teachers even reminded me to not kick my shoe off on to the school roof! I guess it happens!

I then headed over to GL to art docent in Lillie's class. There was a substitute teacher, but she was happy I was there. We did Starry Starry Night by Van Gogh (who is Monet?). Most turned out very well. We were talking about short brush strokes like the Van Gogh's painting appear, but it didn't work all that great. Kind of resulted in kids running out of stamina and pages not filled in quite enough. But there were some very nice pictures. The substitute teacher did an great job on her picture!

Once home it was off to Nana and Grandpa's house so the kids could have an overnight and Maren and I were on the way to Susan and Mick's house for a nice birthday party with adults! Yeah, try that out sometime. A birthday party with no kids! Didn't think that existed. Our plans almost got side tracked when were were about a mile from the Ostergard's house and we realized that Hansen and Lillie didn't get their overnight bags into the car. They were packed, just thinking that the magic of mom and dad would deliver them to the car. Well, Mom was dealing with food, dad with packages delivered to the wrong house, and the kids were in charge of their bags...so we thought. Well, after a few "we need to turn this car around!!!" episodes, they realized that one night without their stuff would be fine. Preston was a little slow and late to pack, but he had his stuff! I am sure that they were spoiled big time and having a great time. Thanks John and Carol!

Maren and I had a great time with the adults. It was great to visit with Mick, Susan, Judy, Larry, Julie, and Anita. We had a great bbg dinner, talked about golf, motorcycles, soccer and baseball. I don't know what the girls talked about, but they looked to be having a great time. I only took two pictures!?!

Judy and Julie enjoying Popsicles and working feverishly at getting all Susan's candles in place and lit.

Susan getting ready to blow out her candles.

OK, I have rambled enough. Today it will be pick up the kids. I think I will stop at the bike store to look for some cleats for my bike shoes and new tires for my mtb bike. Then to the soccer store for Preston, he is looking for Adidas Sambas in Argentina's colors...I am thinking this pair will be in size 12! When will this kid's feet stop growing? Otherwise, the calendar is empty!

See you tomorrow.

No comments: