Thursday, April 08, 2010

What is the story?

Good morning, it is Thursday.

Yesterday I picked Lillie and Hansen up from the bus stop as usual. On the 5 minute walk home I asked Lillie about her tooth and the usual questions about what she is supposed to do (or skip) at school for the rest of the week. I asked, "Did you sit in a safe place while PE was going on?"

"It was Indiana Jones day and I really wanted to play and like the PE teacher would remember anyway, not, so I just did Indiana Jones." Hmm. Indiana Jones is a fun PE game where kids have crazy obstacles to go over/under and around...just the kind of game she should not be doing with her tooth.

Then I asked, "How was the buddy room during recess?" She is supposed to go to a "buddy room" and read during PE time for the rest of the week.

"We had a guest teacher and she didn't know about the whole buddy room thing. Besides, I just wanted to go play at recess, so I did."

I did give Lillie a little lecture about why she should be skipping PE and recess, but I think the information went in one ear and out the other. All I can figure is the tooth is not bothering her any longer, but still, it was dentist orders. I know today she will not have PE and who knows what will happen at recess. I am just a little worried about Lillie's teenage years...hopefully she just wants to make good choices because it is clear she will just make whatever choices she wants. Yikes.

In the car on the way to and from piano, Hansen, Lillie and I had some totally crazy stories to tell. We have this new game where we play, "choose your own adventure story." The way we play is that one person starts a story, then at some point there is a choice, like: the princess kissed the frog and the frog turned into a prince, OR did the princess kissed the frog and she herself turn into a frog. So the next person in line (we go by age or there is just chaos) gets to choose the direction of the story and then has to tell the story until deciding a new choice for the next person. Hansen was stuck on gross, Lillie on princess, and I am just very random. Great stories!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melanie Ostergard said...

You'll have to tape some of your stories one day. I'd love to see it!!