Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Clip shoes.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

Yesterday my new bicycle pedals came in the mail! And I bought a pair of bicycle shoes for super cheap off Craigslist last week as well. So now I am going to be riding with my feet clipped to the pedals as so many other cyclist do. Sure, my equipment is on the heavy and cheap side, but geepers, some folks spend like $400.00 just for their bike shoes and pedals!

I finally signed up for the LiveSTRONG Challenge again for this year. Once again on Father's day in Seattle. Last year I rode the 100 mile ride and it took most of the day leaving me exhausted and late for the party. Some of my friends think I should ride the 100 again and just ride faster! I think I am going to scale it down and ride the 45 miler. That will still take 3 or 4 hours and I really don't need to spend much more time than that in the saddle on any given day.

I have a website link for the LiveSTRONG Challenge fund raiser as I am again required to raise money for LiveSTRONG...but I don't know the site. As soon as I figure it out, I will post it.

Today Preston is trying to figure out what he should do for sport. His soccer team is holding a voluntary open practice, but he should be at track practice. Sadly track practice has proven to be so completely boring and unfulfilling to Preston that he is actually contemplating quiting the track team. We are encouraging him to at least hold out until a track meet, because he may just enjoy the meet...and who knows, practices may be different after the first meet. Until then I am encouraging him to show up to his stations, do a long jump or two, a start or two, then just go goof off with his friends for the last hour of track. Seems that select soccer is way more structured and way more challenging than jr. high track. Go figure.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

sussah said...

I love the close-ups of shoes. What happens if you need to stop? love, susanna

Amber said...

Julian! I can tell you that your link is here (I shortened the URL): http://alturl.com/62xu - but I asked our fundraising team for more assistance since you should've gotten an email and login information too.

Congrats on the better equipment and shorter mileage! I wish I could be there again this year, but I think we'll stay home. Hopefully we'll make it back up to Seattle before too long :)

Julian's Blog said...

Amber, thanks for fixing the url.

Susanna, Stop? What is that? Actually you have to twist your foot out to the side...very quickly as you fall to the earth, or just plan ahead.