Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sandler blog, NCAA, treasures.

Good morning, it is Wednesday.

I hope you're wearing green today! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday while surfing the Internet, Maren found a blog that has been put together by my mom's cousin called Sandler Family Archives. So far many of the pages are about my grandpa (my mom's dad) and his many writings. I have many of these articles and such, but the way she is doing the blog seems very cool. I have never actually met this cousin of my moms (that I know of) and this side of the family is not so close to where I live being mostly on the east coast. Here is a link if your interested. I hope the author doesn't mind it being posted here, but since it is the web, and my family too, I am guessing it is all good!

http://sandlerfamilyarchives.blogspot.com/

Being not so tech savvy, you may have to cut and paste this link. If I was cool I would have it where there was a picture of my grandpa, and you would click on him, then go to this website...but I am only kind of cool.

Speaking of cool, here is a copy of my NCAA Tournament bracket sheet for my work pool. I don't know anything about basket ball other than if your seeded number 1, you're probably better then the other teams. So with that as my guide, and a few little other quirks, this is what you get:


Last night there was no soccer, piano, or playing outside as it was so rainy. So I let Maren rest and I took the kids out to Value Village to see if we could find some treasures. Remind me not to do this anymore. Too many treasures, not enough parents, and even on the cheap, trips become expensive. But the kids get housebound just like I do, so I am sure this won't be the last trip.

Hansen found this shirt along with some other stuff:

Lillie found this shirt and some other stuff:
And Preston found these Kobe live wire shoes (they had no insoles, so I put in some new ones, which is really best with shoes in my book). Preston was going on eastbay last night to check out how much money he saved.
Today is back to soccer, piano, and maybe Wednesday night Lent soup service if we can swing it.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Grandpa and Bernice said...

Great choices the kids made at Value Village - especially love Lillian's shirt.
We're so glad that Maren came across the Sandler blog and that you got in touch with Carol Miller.
She was thrilled and excited to hear from you.
To have a blog that records all that is happening in your lives, and being able to see the children almost daily is so wonderful. Thanks Julian for your daily blog that keeps us in touch with your lives.

Robert, Ellen, and Joey said...

Yes, we're glad Maren found Carol's blog,too. We changed our Google profile so we could comment on her blog without being Grandma and Grandpa, so that's why it's changed. (Joey thought he'd get into the act, also.) We just did a bracket challenge for Toast.net. If we win, we get a year's free DSL. Ours ended up with Kansas and Duke, with Kansas winning. We'll see what happens!

Carol Miller said...

The 'author' doesn't mind having the Sandler Family Archives posted on your blog ! I have to pay closer attention. I didn't see all the comments on my blog and your blog until yesterday. In 2 days I heard from you and, 'yay Maren' for finding it, and Amber and Aurora and Ellen and Robert and Joey. I'm just getting into your blogs now. i have to catch up ! Nice meeting you and your family.....in cyberspace !