Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The hail storm...

Good morning, it is Tuesday.

Last night I took a quick trip to Fred Meyer to pick up a couple gallons of milk, some chocolate milk, some orange juice, bananas, and bread flour. At the check out, the cashier who I usually see near the back entrance asked me where I was when the huge hail storm hit earlier in the day. I don't think she was expecting my response, and I sure wasn't expecting hers. I told her how (this whole conservation took the time to ring up 10 milks, bananas, and flour...and use my coupons...not like I have a new buddy! Well, I have lots of buddies.) I was at an elementary track meet. How Hansen had just finished finishing 4th in the long jump...while the sun was still out. Then how the wind shifted and hail the size of marbles came down. How my umbrella ripped inside out, how the hail pellets actually hurt! How kids in the track meet were everywhere in tee shirts thinking this was the greatest day ever while the 2 and 3 year olds were crying and thinking they were going to die. It was a crazy storm. My story was good and we were having fun. Next, it was her story to me...her son has 4 pet ducks. They were worried that the ducks would get hurt by the huge hail, but the ducks were not about to get out of the weather, rather they were having the times of their lives trying to catch the hail in their mouths! I think she won the story contest. I paid her $27.01 and was on my way.

In case you were wondering, yes, the rest of the track meet was canceled...but Preston still had soccer practice an hour later.

I think tonight we will be dying Easter eggs.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Robert, Ellen, and Joey said...

Well, the duck story was pretty good! What weather! We had beautiful weather here yesterday; Dad played golf and I went to the beach.

Julian's Blog said...

Mom, I figured the duck story would quack you up.

jerisenger said...

I am all behind with many things and reading your blog was one of them. I laughed so hard at the story about the bigger kids loving the hail and the little ones thinking it was the end for them that I was almost falling out of my chair. My laugh sounded like snorting. I must be tired but it was way too funny.

jerisenger said...

Julian, I wrote a comment but maybe it will never make it past the box....
Funny story about the hail.